Restoration 1 of Evansville Provides
Unwanted water will enter your home in several different ways for several different reasons. Sewage backups, burst pipes, appliance leaks, water heater leaks, and rain entering through cracks in your foundation are the most common reasons why the most common area of a home to get flooded is your basement or crawlspace. We can restore your property damage including crawlspace or basement flooding.
Your Basement is Flooded – Now What?
Your basement or crawlspace can flood easily with several inches to several feet of groundwater or rainwater during the heavy rainy season. Items in your home such as furniture, carpeting, appliances and personal items are at risk of being damaged by water, leading to a devastating experience. We can help restore your home back to pre-flood conditions.
Things to do immediately after a basement flood.
- Checking for structural damage, such as cracks, holes or warping to keep you from getting injured should be a first priority to make sure your home is safe to enter.
- Immediately shut off the electrical supply to your home if you can get to it safely. If you can’t get to it, call a professional.
- Shut off the main water supply to prevent further water infiltration.
- All flood waters contain some type of dangerous contaminants.
- So it’s important to avoid direct contact with the floodwater unless you are wearing protective gear.
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible and take photos/video, and document all damaged items.
- For basement flood cleanup, call R1 of Evansville, your restoration professionals.
Clean-up Process for a Flooded Basement
Disaster restoration experts are best suited to help you take care of your flooded basement or crawlspace. Having a flooded basement pumped out is a little more involved than what you think. You may even think it’s a bit extreme, but if not done properly it can cause severe damage to your foundation walls, especially if the water is removed too quickly. Let a restoration expert determine the best course of action for your flood disaster.
At Restoration 1 of Evansville, IN, we are your professional disaster restoration experts for pumping out water, drying out homes and businesses, while making sure that mold and water rot are controlled.
Call us to visit your home or business within 48 hours to avoid mold growth and extensive water damage.